Support the Project Delivery carrying out elements of software configuration, and testing to develop Decision Analytics solutions. Actively seeks to ensure a high standard of deliverables across the life of a project, with the emphasis on ‘right first time’.
Software Configuration, Test and Support
• Independently configure and, where appropriate, supervise others in the configuration of EDA software according to specifications.
• Produce test plan, test software against specification to ensure the product operates as specified, produce test report and amend where appropriate.
• Create end to end Test Plan against a supplied Test schedule and facilitate the creation of test cases by analysts and ensure the execution of said test cases according to the test plan.
• Identify and, where appropriate, supervise others in the investigation, identification of and resolution to causes of software problems.
• Responsible for the resolution of problems, escalates only after analysis and execution of well-defined test have been exhausted.
• Input into the accurate assessment of the work that needs to be undertaken to define and maintain a project plan.
• Plan, organise and complete own workloads to meet project commitments within agreed schedules
• Ensures quality of the project deliverables, and that built components are tested to match the agreed specification.
• Follow EDA documented procedures, including creation and responsibility for production of project documentation and contribute to the preparation of regular project status reports to both internal and external parties.
• Proactively identify potential risks in achieving project timescales, taking pro-active action to minimize risk.
• Provide status reports to Project Manager as required for all project.
• Maintain accurate time sheet management, logging time to projects effectively.
• Communicate with PM/client/Experian colleagues to help ensure accurate and timely implementation of project work.
• Actively seeks to share knowledge within the team and to mentor analysts in the use of systems, software and methodologies.
• Challenge existing process and feedback, share findings with peers from other teams and management where required.
• Produce and deliver meaningful content to capability teams through professional service communities.
• Maintains Personal Development Plan in support of future aspirations and training needs.
Required key skills (functional / technical)
• Significant experience of software solution design and configuration.
• Experiences in the use of Experian software configuration tools and general purpose IT packages and of delivering several complex software solutions across more than one industry vertical.
• Understanding the capabilities of the EDA product range and ability to assist clients in implementing and testing new solutions.
• Understanding and experience of the DA delivery lifecycle for applicable Experian DA solutions.
• Demonstrates ability to consider a delivery in its entirety in order to achieve comprehensive test result success.
• Will look to automate, reuse and expedite test process in line with KPI targets.
• Understanding of systems, processes, applications and technology supporting applicable Experian DA solutions and how they support/impact solutions.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills, good oral and written communication skills. Fluency in spoken and written English
• Ability to travel.
• Good knowledge on industry standard database technologies (e.g. Oracle, MS SQL)
• Good knowledge on markup language components (e.g. XML and XSLT)
• Understanding and ability to debug coded applications (e.g. C++, Java, Scripting languages).
• Degree equivalent standard with a high numeric and/or IT content
• Typically requires a minimum of 2 years related experience