The Core Data Services team has a position available for a Senior Software Developer.
Key Performance Areas
• Solution architecture and development
• Detailed solution and development documentation
• Test case and unit testing creation
• Standards enforcement
• Code / process / standards reviews
• Assisting OPS with fault finding and issue resolution
• B.Sc. (Computer Science) or equivalent IT qualification
• Intermediate and above SQL (SQL 92, no specific DB requirements).
• 3-5 years or more experience in Python
• Previous experience with a BI tool like Pentaho, Talend or SSIS is an advantage but not a requirement.
• Extreme attention to detail.
• Positive attitude, a team player and a self-starter.
• Previous experience in the financial sector is an advantage but not a requirement.
• Previous experience in data warehousing will be big advantage but not a requirement.
• Experience and proven ability with the correct attitude are the core requirements.
• distributed software systems
• Change Management
• Incident and problem management
• Knowledge sharing in order to minimize key man dependency
• Strong research skills
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to multi-task
• Good at problem solving
• Ability to perform well under pressure
• Good Technical writing skills
• Willingness to push the boundaries