Responsible for developing and establishing quality assurance standards and measures and comprehensively testing all new systems and changes within the CSDA Division team. This will include developing test plans, creating/executing test scripts, documenting new / existing software and test results and bug tracking on existing and new systems. Signing-off on final approval for production deployment. The QA analyst will apply proven analytical and problem-solving skills to validate processes through testing in order to maximize the benefit of the business.
• Prepare comprehensive test plans including test scenarios and test cases covering all aspects of business and technical specifications to verify that the software meets business requirements.
• Manual testing based on test plans and test cases.
• Responsible for executing functional, regression, front end and back end testing.
• Ensure adequate controls are established and adequate testing is completed for all new development and enhancements to existing applications.
• Ensure system testing, integration testing, business/user acceptance testing has been completed.
• Work closely with Project Managers, Business Analysts, Business Owners, QA and Developers to co-ordinate test activities.
• Follow outlined testing and project methodologies including obtaining timely and appropriate sign off on test cases and results.
• Contribute to the enhancement of all Systems Quality Assurance testing processes and procedures (e.g. Testing standards, policies and methodologies)
• Take ownership of, and complete projects on timely basis.
• Ensure test status results are properly documented and tracked and software defects are reported clearly.
• Generate and maintain defect/bug/error/problem database or reports as needed.
Required key skills (functional / technical)
• Ability to understand business requirements and technical specifications.
• Focused, detailed oriented approach to analysis and testing
• Excellent error recognition skills.
• Demonstrated ability to complete tasks independently with minimum supervision is essential.
• Solid understanding of software development lifecycle processes, with a strong commitment to software testing, quality and customer satisfaction.
• Degree/Diploma in Information Technology/Information Systems or related courses.