About the Role:
The Data Analyst position will be based in Mozambique at our offices in Maputo. The Data Analyst will be responsible for the Data Integration and Business Intelligence. Provide expertise to acquire, manage, process, load, merge, manipulate, extract and analyze large amounts of data, from various sources and ensure data quality. Analysis of bureau & internal data. Monitoring of previous campaigns to refine current processes and further enhance client deliveries. The person will be responsible for interpreting user requirements, developing SQL code, data processing through various software solutions, and ensuring that a consolidated, concise database infrastructure is maintained on a SQL 2008/2014 platform, operating on Microsoft Server 2012, all the while, maintaining the dynamic and evolving process of customer deliveries, support and service.
• To develop, monitor and maintain a suite of databases to enhance and utilize the data more effectively.
• Create statistical / data analyses / information reports on the requirements of the internal and external clients.
• To implement strategic and tactical segmentation of customer bases for marketing and analysis.
• Maintain contacts with external centres of statistical expertise in order to keep in touch with technical developments and to actively promote the application of best practice techniques.
• Thoroughly prepare data – Retrieving, Combining and Validating Data, from multiple sources. Strong ability to recognize data errors and inconsistencies.
• Validates client data for accuracy and reasonability of data before delivery and feedback file from client.
• Communicate findings and results in an understandable concise language by means of presentations, and written communication, both internally and externally.
• Importing, cleaning, transforming, authenticating or modeling data with the purpose of understanding and making sound deductions from the data for decision making purposes.
• Refining data quality and designing or presenting conclusions gained from analyzing data using statistical tools like Microsoft Excel and others.
• Committed to the achievement and maintenance of quality, sets high standards for Self and others
• Provides a prompt, efficient and personalised service to clients, goes out of his/her way to ensure that customer needs are met.
• Resolution of delegated client queries.
• Ensuring client understanding and acceptance of recommended/implemented solution
• Completes system testing and onsite testing with client throughout the development, testing and post implementation process.
• Full understanding and sound knowledge of Microsoft SQL server, and T-SQL. To ensure that the technical requirements are in line with standards.
• Plans, organises and prioritises work in order to achieve one’s objectives.
• Create action plans when required, for problem resolution and solution amendment gaining acceptance from relevant parties and commitment to execute.
• Management of own time and tasks to ensure completion of work projects on time.
• Project management of small projects, under supervision.
• Active participation in large projects.
• Breaks problem in to its parts, makes use of logic and draws sound inferences from information available.
• Willing to make firm and speedy decisions and commit to definite courses of action, on the basis of limited information if necessary.
• In cooperation with others, progress and implement systems and other policies that enhance analytical efficiency and data quality.
Candidate Profile (Requirements)
Key Skills (Functional/ Technical)
• Strong research skills
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to multi-task
• Good at problem solving
• Ability to perform well under pressure
• Good Technical writing skills
• Ability to work in a team
• Attention to detail
Qualifications and Experience
• Degree/Diploma/Certification in Software Programming or related studies e.g. Computer Science, Systems Engineering or Maths/Stats.
• Experience in managing large volumes of data from different sources.
• Minimum 2 years of SQL Programming – Proficient at query development, Stored Procedures, process optimization etc.
• Proficient in Microsoft Windows 8/10 and Windows Server.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Tableau skills advantageous
• Experience in Business Analysis and Consulting preferred
• Python Advantageous